Music Therapy supports individuals in palliative and hospice care by providing comfort and meaningful experiences during end-of-life care. This practice and profession are aligned with the philosophy of palliative care in that it focuses on person-centered care by considering all aspects of well-being.
Music can elicit memories and emotions, reduce pain and anxiety, as well as help support and validate a person’s unique dying experience. Sessions often involve family members and friends who are present which may also provide an opportunity to process difficult emotions.
What We Can Address:
- Pain Management
- Reduce stress and anxiety
- Improve mood
- Support and validate life transitions
- Process difficult emotions related to grief, loss, and death
What You May Experience:
Here are some examples of what can be addressed during your music therapy session with your dedicated therapist:
- Active listening to familiar and preferred songs for positive mood states
- Songwriting and music improvisation for self-expression
- Guided relaxation ease pain and anxiety
- Playlist creation of meaningful music
- Counselling to support you through life transitions
- Engagement in life review or legacy project via any of the above means
Ask Questions and Schedule Sessions
Email your questions or schedule an appointment:
You will be asked to complete an intake form. This will be another opportunity to ask any of the questions you may have to ensure an online session is best for your needs.
Costs will be discussed and defined.
We will then match you with a therapist who is available and fits your needs.
A final confirmation will be sent via email.