JB Music Therapy has been serving the Calgary community since September 1991. We take our protection of the public seriously. This information is to confirm what our therapists and business carry in regard to community responsibility.
- All music therapists have graduated from an approved music therapy degree program, completed 1000 hours of internship, and successfully passed a globally recognized board exam. All Certified Music Therapists (MTAs) are governed by the Canadian Association of Music Therapists.
- All music therapists have acknowledged their compliance with the CAMT Code of Ethics.
- JB Music Therapy is an incorporated business in Alberta. Our business number is 2011887516.
- JB Music Therapy’s Copy of Insurance.
- We carry WCB Insurance. Account number: 3252795.
- JBMT therapists are Police Checked (PIC) every 3 years. Copies of police checks are available upon request.
- JBMT’s goal is to offer our music therapy services, online or in-person, safely and effectively. With virtual care, we know the risks and acknowledge that no online tool is ever completely secure. Our therapists do their absolute best to ensure every one of your sessions remains private and confidential. We use Zoom Pro for our Harmony@Home programs and Online Music Therapy sessions.
- JBMT is also a recognized music therapy CAMT internship site, and offers supervision for music therapy interns. We also provide coaching and mentorship to Certified Music Therapists (MTAs) looking for support in their work or private practice.
- In Alberta, the profession of Counselling Therapy is in the process of being regulated. The Association of Counselling Therapy of Alberta is a pre-cursor to the College of Counselling Therapy of Alberta.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to Contact our Office.