JB Music Therapy has been serving the Calgary community since September 1991. We take our protection of the public seriously. This information is to confirm what our therapists and business carries in regards to community responsibility.
Please note that JB Music Therapy is approved as a qualified service provider for Alberta Human Services.
- All therapists have graduated from an approved degree training program and have received their accreditation (or are in process of accreditation) from the Canadian Association of Music Therapists’ website.
- All therapists, as members of the CAMT, have signed their compliance with the Code of Ethics annually.
- JB Music Therapy is an incorporated business in Alberta. Our business number is 2011887516.
- JB Music Therapy’s General Liability Insurance.
- Additionally, all therapists carry $2,000,000 of Professional Liability Insurance.
- We carry WCB Insurance. Account number: 3252795.
- JBMT therapists are Police Checked (PIC) every 3 years. Copies of police checks are available upon request.
- JBMT’s goal is to offer our music therapy services, online or in-person, safely and effectively. With virtual care, we are aware of the risks and acknowledge that no online tool is ever completely secure. Our therapists do their best to make sure every one of your sessions remains private and confidential.
- JBMT also a recognized music therapy internship site and offers supervision for interns and practicum students.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact our office.
Jennifer Buchanan, President of JB Music Therapy