Studies have shown that music therapy is effective for pain management. Music changes our feelings by affecting our hormones. Listening to music we like boosts dopamine (our feel-good hormone), and increases oxytocin (the feeling of connection with others). Music therapists thusly use music as an effective tool for distracting from pain, improving mood, and increasing relaxation.
What We Can Address:
- Decrease Pain Perception
- Improve Mood
- Increase Motivation
- Normalizing the Environment (especially in medical settings)
What You May Experience:
Here are some examples of what can be addressed during your music therapy session with your dedicated therapist:
- Purposeful playlist creation for mood support
- Active listening to familiar and preferred songs to evoke positive mood states
- Songwriting for self-expression
- Guided relaxation to ease anxiety and stress
- Music-supported counselling
Ask Questions and Schedule Sessions
Email your questions or schedule an appointment:
You will be asked to complete an intake form. This will be another opportunity to ask any of the questions you may have to ensure an online session is best for your needs.
Costs will be discussed and defined.
We will then match you with a therapist who is available and fits your needs.
A final confirmation will be sent via email.