Music Therapy supports youth and young adults experiencing isolation, undergoing difficult life transitions, or who may be experiencing challenges in maintaining their mental health. Music provides a supportive medium for expressing and processing emotions, increased feelings of purpose and connection, and improves mood, memory, and motivation.
Creating or exploring music with others can provide increased opportunities for self-expression and interpersonal connection – while simultaneously cultivating opportunities for development of individual insight and coping strategies.
A Music Therapist Helps a Youth Recover from Feelings of Being Bullied
What We Can Address:
- Boost Mood and Improve Emotional Regulation
- Provide Opportunities for Connection
- Provide Opportunities for Self-Expression
- Decrease Stress & Anxiety
- Develop Coping Strategies
Supporting Research and Additional Articles
What You May Experience:
Here are some examples of what can be addressed during your music therapy session with your dedicated therapist:
- Purposeful playlist creation for mood support
- Active listening to familiar or preferred songs to evoke positive mood states
- Songwriting for self expression
- Guided relaxation to ease anxiety and stress
- Music supported counselling
- Interactive music making experiences to foster well-being and connection
Ask Questions and Schedule Sessions
Email your questions or schedule an appointment:
You will be asked to complete an intake form. This will be another opportunity to ask any of the questions you may have to ensure an online session is best for your needs.
Costs will be discussed and defined.
We will then match you with a therapist who is available and fits your needs.
A final confirmation will be sent via email.