Music therapy primarily aims to improve social interactions and enhance regulation. Music is a multi-sensory experience and can be used as a means of self-expression for persons with autism. Music therapists also use music and its elements to facilitate communication skills and psychomotor functions and promote sensory and emotional regulation.
Music therapy interventions can help strengthen areas of the brain necessary for basic as well as executive function skills. Music therapy is appropriate for people of all ages and abilities.
What We Can Address:
- Increase social engagement and interaction
- Promote communication skills
- Enhance emotional regulation
- Improve focus
- Reduce stress and anxiety
- Promote self-expression
What You May Experience:
Here are some examples of what can be addressed during your music therapy session with your dedicated therapist:
- Instrument playing and singing to enhance aspects of social interaction and self-expression
- Songwriting for self-expression
- Music listening to familiar and preferred songs to boost mood and self-expression
- Counselling to support emotional regulation
- Music and mindfulness exercises to reduce stress and anxiety
Ask Questions and Schedule Sessions
Email your questions or schedule an appointment:
You will be asked to complete an intake form. This will be another opportunity to ask any of the questions you may have to ensure an online session is best for your needs.
Costs will be discussed and defined.
We will then match you with a therapist who is available and fits your needs.
A final confirmation will be sent via email.