Music therapy supports individuals and family members affected by addictions and substance abuse. Music can reduce anxiety and depression, and provides a supportive medium for expressing and processing emotions and developing insight and coping strategies.
Musical interactions can provide meaningful experiences of connection and purpose while simultaneously providing opportunities for individual self-expression and improving communication and relationship building skills.
What We Can Address:
- Boost Mood and Improve Emotional Regulation
- Decrease Anxiety
- Increase Self-Reliance
- Improve Focus
- Strengthen Coping Techniques
- Increase Motivation
Supporting Research and Additional Articles
What You May Experience:
Here are some examples of what can be addressed during your music therapy session with your dedicated therapist:
- Purposeful playlist creation for mood support
- Active listening to familiar and preferred songs to evoke positive mood states
- Songwriting for self-expression
- Music interactions to promote connection and relationship building
- Music-supported counselling
Ask Questions and Schedule Sessions
Email your questions or schedule an appointment:
You will be asked to complete an intake form. This will be another opportunity to ask any of the questions you may have to ensure an online session is best for your needs.
Costs will be discussed and defined.
We will then match you with a therapist who is available and fits your needs.
A final confirmation will be sent via email.