This afternoon the JBMT team got together to review 2013.
Here are just a few highlights:
- Andrea Curry was named the JBMT Spirit Award for 2012
- The Disability Resource Meeting was hosted at the JBMT centre – bringing together 20 representatives from 20 agencies across Calgary
- JBMT was presented with a donation of 3 large tubano drums and an iPad
- Introduction of the Birthday Box (the box that keeps on giving birthday after birthday)
- Busiest February on record – many new intakes at a time of year that used to be quieter. Feeling grateful.
- Andrea Curry and Brittany Lloyd featured in Calgary Herald
- Jennifer speaks in The Pas – Opaskaywyk Cree Nation
- Night of Song at JBMT Centre – so many special musical memories in these videos
- National Music Therapy Month
- Jimmy takes Drum Circle Facilitation with Judy Atkinson at Circles of Rhythm
- Sarah Shanahan shifts from internship to full time employee
- Dr. Bin Hu presented to our team, engaging us in lively dialogue around the science of music and its’ benefit with Parkinsons
- Jennifer Buchanan becomes the CAMT President
- Max Wood shifts from internship to full time employee
- Several therapists volunteer for X92.9 and the Canadian Music Therapy Trust Fund at Morgan’s Pub
- Summer Camps were AWESOME under the direction of Lisa Nagtegaal.
All staff enjoy a morning together at the Stampede parade – early and wonderful
- Frani Day – our annual company workshop where we work at being even better music therapists.
- Margaux Ross joins the JBMT Team
- supported the Canadian Music Therapy Trust Fund at X929 Events – XFest, Quarry Fest
- JBMT celebrated 22 years
- Jennifer is the opening keynote for a large Health Care Conference in PEI
- Jennifer is the opening keynote for the Music Care Conference in Toronto (coming to Calgary in October 2014)
- Performance Reviews and Announcement of Health Benefits for JBMT Employees – starting January 2014
- x92.9 raised $10,000 for Music Therapy
- Company Social at the Regency Palace – Chinese Buffet – yum.
SO WHAT’S COMING UP in 2014….
Night of Song – March 13
Music Therapy March – March 30
Canadian Association for Music Therapy Conference – 40th Anniversary – June 23/24
Music Care Conference – October 25
LIST OF ALL OUR UPCOMING EVENTS – We will post and keep you posted at all times.
All the Best in 2014,
The JB Music Therapy Team