Music Therapy supports individuals in dementia care by providing opportunities for connection and reminiscence. Many areas of the brain related to musical memory remain undamaged due to Alzheimer’s and dementia. Music has the ability to evoke positive moods, relaxation, as well as increase engagement between individuals. It can also help maintain motor skills. Music therapists work together with family, staff, and care partners to find the best music for the desired goals.
What We Can Address:
- Stimulate physical and cognitive functions
- Promote reminiscence
- Decrease isolation
- Decrease stress and anxiety
- Promote relaxation
- Enhance engagement and connection
- Promote feelings of self-worth
- Enhance the quality of life
What You May Experience:
Here are some examples of what can be addressed during your music therapy session with your dedicated therapist:
- Active listening to familiar and preferred songs for positive mood states
- Purposeful singing to maintain cognition and memory
- Music interactions to promote social connections
- Guided relaxation to ease stress and anxiety
- Movement to music to boost mood and engage motor skills
Ask Questions and Schedule Sessions
Email your questions or schedule an appointment: firstname.lastname@example.org
You will be asked to complete an intake form. This will be another opportunity to ask any of the questions you may have to ensure an online session is best for your needs.
Costs will be discussed and defined.
We will then match you with a therapist who is available and fits your needs.
A final confirmation will be sent via email.