Here is how JB Music Therapy is advertising Online Music Therapy with the public: www.onlinemusictherapist.com
Considerations for Certified Music Therapists:
- Clearly indicate to your clients and the public the difference between music therapy and an online or live streamed concert
- Clearly indicate to your clients and the public the scope of online music therapy and the services you are providing in this format
- Clearly communicate to your clients the goals and objectives targeted in your online music therapy sessions
Why Online Music Therapy?
- helping manage mental health
- continue building relationship
- maintain memory and social goals
Best Online Music Therapy Platforms (HIPAA Compliant)
ONLINE Music Therapy Interventions
Lyric Analysis and Lyric Re-Write
Guided Movement (to pre-recorded or live music)
Guided Breathing/Relaxation Exercises
- Music Listening coupled with Counselling
Look online for scripts for guided breathing and relaxation exercises! Record yourself speaking them aloud and listen back to practice tone and pacing
Create therapeutic songwriting templates and lyric re-write templates ahead of time – print off copies to be thrown away after the session or send a digital copy to a client prior to the online session!
When doing lyric analysis – select a couple of songs based on a specific theme and give your client(s) the option to select which one resonates most strongly with them
When engaging in guided movement in an online session – utilize music that is simple and repetitive in the event of any glitches in bandwidth!
- “Enable Original Sound” function on Zoom for Music Mode!
Other Resources for Music Therapists:
- Music Therapy Resources list compiled by US music therapists
- Calm.com – many free resources for mindfulness and coping with stress
- Headspace – free mindfulness resources and toolkit
Sample Set Ups :