We now offer online music therapy sessions at JB Music Therapy. Virtual music therapy has the potential to educate and promote healthy practices, serve remote and rural families, support mental health in vulnerable patients, and create capacity in the healthcare system to meet client-centered needs and goals during the pandemic.
Our goal is to offer our online music therapy services safely and effectively. We are aware of the risks of virtual care and acknowledge that no online tool is ever completely secure. We do our best to make sure every one of our sessions remains private and confidential.
What We Can Do Online
Here are some examples of what can be addressed during your online sessions with your dedicated therapist:
- Purposeful playlist creation for mood support
- Active listening to familiar and preferred songs to evoke positive mood states
- Music interactions to support social engagement
- Songwriting for self-expression
- Music and movement exercises for rehabilitation
- Guided relaxation to ease anxiety and stress
- Counselling to support you through life transitions
Each intervention will be assessed in the moment to ensure maximum benefit and safety for the client (s).
These are the same high-quality, reliable MT services we provide in person but with the added convenience and flexibility of scheduling face-to-face meetings with your therapist no matter where you are!
Online music therapy is a great choice if you are traveling, have mobility issues or if you live outside of the Calgary area but would still like to work with one of the certified music therapists on our team.
Ask Questions and Schedule Sessions
- Email Shannon Robinson (VP of JB Music Therapy) to ask questions or schedule your appointment:
- You will be asked to complete an intake form. This will be another opportunity to ask any of the questions you may have to ensure an online session is best for your needs.
- Costs will be confirmed.
- We will then match you with a therapist who is available and fits your needs.
- If you are an existing client your current therapist will contact you to discuss scheduling.
- A final confirmation will be sent via email.
Online Therapy Costs
Fees for online therapy are the same as for in-person music therapy. After you receive your invoice you can pay by internet banking, e-mail money transfer or PayPal.
If you are new to our services we will discuss our fees during your initial intake.
Computer Set-up for Online Therapy
A computer with audio/video capabilities or smartboard and internet connection is required.
The best application for online music therapy will be discussed with your therapist.
Email Shannon to ask questions or schedule your appointment: