Music Therapy supports individuals experiencing a shift in their health, in their surroundings, or who are experiencing feelings of isolation when living in long term care. Music therapy benefits individuals at all ages and stages of life and health – and music therapists can support these individuals in maintaining elements of both physical and mental health.
Music Therapists use music to work on improving or maintaining mobility, providing opportunities for self-expression and increased communication, boosting mood, and improving memory. At the same time, Music Therapy also aids individuals in processing emotions, decreasing feelings of isolation, and improving overall wellness.
What We Can Address:
- Boost Mood and Improve Emotional Regulation
- Improve or Maintain Motor Skills
- Improve Memory
- Decrease Stress
- Decrease Isolation
- Improve Motivation
What You May Experience:
Here are some examples of what can be addressed during your music therapy session with your dedicated therapist:
- Purposeful singing to improve speech and communication
- Music supported physical interventions to improve individual physical goals
- Counselling to support you through life transitions
- Songwriting for self expression
- Music supported mindfulness and purposeful playlist creation to boost mood, focus, and motivation
Ask Questions and Schedule Sessions
Email Shannon Robinson (VP of JB Music Therapy) to ask questions or schedule your appointment:
You will be asked to complete an intake form. This will be another opportunity to ask any of the questions you may have to ensure an online session is best for your needs.
Costs will be discussed and defined.
We will then match you with a therapist who is available and fits your needs.
A final confirmation will be sent via email.