Music Therapy supports individuals with acquired brain injury experiencing isolation, difficult life transitions and moments of shift. Music therapy is highly effective in neurologic rehabilitation – and can support clients with a variety of goals including enhancing speech and language and overall communication skills, improving and maintaining mobility, and improving memory.
Music provides a supportive medium for processing emotions, and boosting mood and motivation after injury. Music can support clients with pain management and self regulation while simultaneously acting as an agent to improve overall wellness.
What We Can Address:
- Boost Mood and Improve Emotional Regulation
- Improve Focus & Memory
- Improve Communication Skills
- Improved Mobility
- Pain Management
- Decrease Stress & Anxiety
What You May Experience:
Here are some examples of what can be addressed during your music therapy session with your dedicated therapist:
- Purposeful singing to improve speech and communication
- Music supported physical interventions to improve individual physical goals
- Counselling to support you through life transitions
- Songwriting for self expression
- Music supported mindfulness and purposeful playlist creation to boost mood, focus, and motivation
Ask Questions and Schedule Sessions
Email Shannon Robinson (VP of JB Music Therapy) to ask questions or schedule your appointment:
You will be asked to complete an intake form. This will be another opportunity to ask any of the questions you may have to ensure an online session is best for your needs.
Costs will be discussed and defined.
We will then match you with a therapist who is available and fits your needs.
A final confirmation will be sent via email.