Memory Lane Chorus is a choir that brings together people with dementia and their care partners, family members, and friends to sing in a chorus that fosters joy, well-being, purpose, and community connection. Singing can improve brain activity, well-being, and mood. You don’t need to be a good singer to benefit. An innovative partnership between the Youth Singers of Calgary and JB Music Therapy.
Start date: Wednesday, January 9, 2019 to April 24, 2019
Time: On Wednesdays from 1:30 PM to 3:00 PM.
- Sing, feel positive and make new connections.
- Feel supported by skilled, compassionate and experienced staff.
- Engage in music memory activities, including social engagement through therapeutic drum circles (drums provided).
- Do fun vocal warm-ups along with a wide variety of familiar and new songs.
- Celebrate the end of the program with an open house and social time with family and friends.
Each participant will engage in the class with their own care partner, both as a part of the Memory Lane Chorus community.
Register Online or Call to Register: (403) 234-9549